Why you're in good hands with PACE
The PACE Program implements meticulous protocols for each type of project managed through our offices. Price regulation is managed through our certified branches and not through contractors. This insures that contractors cannot alter or inflate pricing. Partnering with local private agencies, our professional staff will manage your entire project for you from start to finish. There are no costs for our services when participating through our program. Such amenities of using The PACE Program are as follows:
• All Engineering is covered through in house services.
• We acquire all necessary permits with expedited timeframes.
• Coordinate all inspections between your assigned contractor, your city inspector, and yourself if needed.
• Record all necessary documents to your county recorder office.
• Maintain open communication and provide updates on your projects’ progress.
• Distribute funds when necessary to all parties involved.
•Monitor your project’s milestones and ensure an efficient timeframe.
• Make sure your project is fully completed, and if necessary, register with local utilities.
• Provide a completion packet filled with all detailed information on all your projects.
All contractors are provided from our pool of prequalified contractors based on their availability for quick installations. Prerequisites for becoming a PACE preferred contractor:
• Minimum B general construction license is necessary to become a PACE preferred contractor.
• All contractors must be licensed and bonded through the state of California.
• All contractors must have been in business no less than 5 years.
• All general liability insurances and workers compensation insurances must be current.
• Additional training courses to become PACE Certified must be completed in person at PACE headquarters in Sacramento.
• Must participate in virtual inspections throughout projects to adhere to both
• State and PACE standards for high quality workmanship.
All insurance policies are backed by the program instead of the contractors. This provides security for PACE participants because if a contractor should go out of business, your insurance policy is still active. All PACE contracts are recorded in your local county recorders office and can be accessed at later times.
Contractors must provide insurance and warranties for all projects they perform work. However, as an additional safeguard, The PACE Program will also enforce all insurance policies for their full warranty duration. All Home Improvement Contracts, “HIC”, are inspected and altered by a PACE Compliance Officer to make sure contractor agreements adhere to PACE policies and standards.
Funding is in partnership with your local municipality. Approval is not based on your credit score. Because banks are not involved, funds accessed through the program are not recorded against your FICO and do not show up on your debt to income ratio. Interests rates are very low and can range from 4.75% to a maximum of 5.99% based on the term that you choose. No money is necessary to participate in PACE funding. You are able to choose terms from 5 years to 25 years based on the nature of your project. Payments may be tax deductible. Your first payment can be deferred up to 16 months depending on when you begin the program.
The eligibility standards are simple for all homeowners to qualify. There are a few key elements used to determine in eligibility:
• No more than one late payment on your mortgage in the last twelve months.
• Must be current on your property taxes
• Must own at least 10% equity in your home to make a decision to participate
• Bankruptcies must have been discharged no sooner than 2 years before applying.
• Participants currently in a “reverse mortgage” or have not completed duration terms of “Keep Your Home California” cannot participate.